Thursday 23 June 2011

Another day - more answers

Another day with Odis today, and didn't use it much again as was mainly watching it being set up.

Some new points that I've found out are that:

Odis doesn't need to be updated by loading 'base' and 'brand' discs. It seems that the software is updated automatically by uploading it online. This seems like yet another great idea, which is definitely going to save everyone from a lot of messing around. I'm really liking the idea of no longer having to wait around for the next disc coming out to fix a customer's car.

Another point is that there has been changes made to our server in order to get Odis online. I don't really understand this area too well, but it was clear that this upgrade was essential before we could start using Odis.

The final main point I found out was that there is something called 'E-Shop' that is also to do with Odis. It looks like it's just a website where you can buy a licence to get the Odis software registered to your machine, and although I don't think I'll be needing to get involved with this side of things (well I hope not!), I'll post any more info I find about it.

After all this I.T. stuff going off, I did manage to have a bit of a play (although not with a vehicle connected) and was pleased to find there's a very easy to use help option that now provides online help (to user manuals etc).

I've gotta be honest though, other than using the help option, it does look a bit confusing regards how you actually do normal things like checking MVBs etc!

Here's hoping it's easier than it initially looks?

Tomorrow we get a car connected :)

No comments:

Post a Comment