Wednesday 28 September 2011

Measured Value Search Function? Genius!

Just came across another ODIS feature that's making life easier for me, so thought I'd share it...

I've just had a Q5 in with a customer concern regarding the engine power.
After launching GFF a large number of event memories were stored in the vehicle, a lot of which that were OB5 gearbox related.

Anyway, having looked at the customer statement in the DISS report, (which you now do in ODIS ;-) ), it turns out the vehicle is 'surging', rather than losing engine power, which I have experienced before.

With this in I decided to check the measured values of the DSG, as this is a typical symptom of the over-heat / protection mode, and there is usually a measured value that displays how many times the gearbox has over-heated.

This seemed like a good idea until I opened the list of values in self diagnosis...
The downside is, the control unit was a UDS version, meaning all the typical measured values that I'm used to (value 64 for example) have changed!
Anyway, after spending what seemed like an eternity of scrolling, I noticed a text box at the bottom of the screen called 'Filter'.
I had no idea what this was, but decided to push my luck and type into the text box, and sure enough - it turns out that this is a search function within measured values... you beauty!
I typed in 'temperature', and there it was! Shame I hadn't noticed this 5 minutes ago :-(

Back to the problem - sure enough, the measured value had logged that the gearbox had reached the maximum temperature value quite a few times - now to find out why...


Seeing as I had a new search toy to play with, I typed in the next logical (or maybe suspicious) value title... 'launch control'.
And what do you know - the fact that this vehicle has used launch control 64 times may have something to do with it!!! ;-)

Search functions in measured values... pure genius!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment