Friday 16 September 2011

DISS coding

So, in my previous Blog, I mentioned how I've now started using the new version of the customer complaint test plans, which helped me fix a tricky air-con problem first time. Well, this is how it works...

When you start GFF with ODIS, it takes you to straight to a 'DISS' page.
This displays any DISS reports created by the Service Adviser when they listened to the Customer's complaint. It also shows you any relevant TPIs that relate to the complaint!

In this instance there was no DISS report created, but this page can still be really handy, and this is why; after speaking to the Service Adviser, and then contacting the customer again :-/ we got their statement of what was not happening. Then I could code the complaint in on the DISS page of ODIS (just like you would on a DISS report in ElsaPro). The great thing about this is that as you have coded the complaint, it then offers you relevant TPIs (just like ElsaPro would). No going to a separate PC, all the TPIs were there listed in ODIS!


Anyway, I can honestly say in experience this doesn't normally get done properly, as it can all prove too hard. Not now.

Back to the problem - it turns out that there is a relevant TPI, so I now used a new feature to 'extend the test plan', which basically means turning the TPI into a test plan (or selecting a test plan relevant to the TPI). Either way, I had gone from working on a car with no fault codes - to now following a test plan based on the Customer's concern.


 
The test plan checked out the performance of the air-con, and helped me locate the problem of a blocked condenser, that I don't honestly think I would have found as quickly on my own.

The best thing to come out of all this, is that my Service Manager and Adviser have both agreed that we should be doing this DISS creation every time, the worst thing is that we ruined such a good result by having to ring the customer back which made us look a bit unprofessional :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment