Monday 14 November 2011

The cascade pack... me, a trainer???

OK, so since the last blog, I've been scared silly by all the huge scores appearing on the Play & Prove zone, so much that I still haven't actually attempted the test yet (yes, I'm STILL practicing!)

But now it's time for the real scary bit... the dreaded cascade pack!

So, rewind back to the end of the official training, I was supplied with a 'cascade pack' with an explanation of how to use the documents that it contained, which would hopefully support me in training my work mates :-0

The pack consisted of:
A 'to-do' list (explaining what to do),
Some quick refence guides (one for each technician),
A learning log (for recording who I'd trained),
A pre-paid addressed envelope (for sending the log back),
A session plan (recommending what to train them, and how long it takes)

Now I've got to be honest, as a Master Tech, I've been to a number of API's etc where I been 'tasked' with passing on the information I was given, but this never seemed to be that important, and consequently was all a bit informal. But this is clearly a completely different thing, as it's obviously really important that all the techs can use ODIS properly, and this is why I am feeling very very very nervous (and a bit stressed!) about the whole cascade process.

Now to be fair, I can also honestly say that I can't ever remember being so well supported in terms of the help I have been given to carry this out, but this still doesn't change my nerves! Anyway, I've been through the 'to-do' list with my service manager and dealer principle, and after much discussion, they agreed how important this process is, and have consequently booked the 5 short training sessions that I need to train our 10 techs. This means I now have exactly 2 days to get ready for the first session... me, a trainer... we'll see!!!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment