Friday 18 November 2011

1st cascade session - DONE!

So, I work with these guys every day, right? How hard can this mini training session be?

As I mentioned in the last blog, our cascade sessions have now been ok'd and booked in by the Dealer Principle and Service Manager, and the scary 'training session number 1' was booked for this Wednesday afternoon - AGHHHHHHHH!!!

I spent probably about 20 mins getting ready:
Bring car in - check
Battery charger and wing covers on - check
ODIS connected - check
Faff about trying my best to waste time and put off the training - check ;-)

So after I couldn't put it off any more, I went for it...

And you know what? It wasn't that bad!

After everyone had laughed at me and generally took the Micky, I got into showing them how to open it up and getting them to navigate around the menus, and suddenly they were glued to the screen - rather than grinning at me!
We continued on to have a play at GFF, and by the time I'd pointed out where to find Guided Functions, it was clear I was no longer needed!

And I really think this was the point that hit it home to me how much ODIS is better, because I had stopped trying to 'convince' people about the benefits of it, and was stood there quite proud of it - what's that all about! - I didn't create it!!!

By the time they were having a look around Self-diagnosis, they were sold, and my job was nearly done, and any nerves were totally in the past.

The only thing left was to get them to sign the 'learning log', which turned out to be quite a nice surprise to end on. Because it reminded me of 2 things I had forgot...
1. To give them their quick reference guides (again, found myself showing off how they worked!)
2. To show them the 'Play & Prove' zone (which they love!)

Clearly, all I have to do now is actually pull my finger out and complete the Prove zone myself, as I've just noticed that someone has already passed level 2!

Anyway, all in all, it's been quite a painless event... The guys appreciated it, and the Dealer Principle seems well impressed!

I'll let you know how the next one goes!!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment