Monday 31 October 2011

Who needs ElsaPro!

Just thought I'd share my latest ODIS experience, as it's good news...

Just carried out a service and needed to reset the service indicator (a job that I probably would have rather used VAS PC for a few weeks back). Anyway, as I'm now getting used to reaching for ODIS, I did for this job, only this time I kept one eye on the time it took me - and I'm very happy with the results... 2 minutes!

The car also had a headlight fault, which I needed to double check to see if there were any relevant TPIs covering this... No need for ElsaPro yet - another job for ODIS. Time taken... just over 1 minute (and no need to start logging on to other PCs!!!)

I then need to check the remove / refit instructions... still no need to leave ODIS yet! Found via the search function in less than 30 seconds!

 Finally, I had to carryout basic setting on the headlight system, and then send a diagnostic log in - all of the above was carried in approx. 5 minutes.

This really takes me back to when ElsaPro was launched - it was yet another new system that I really could have done without having to learn. It fills you with dread and frustration of the unknown, and you kinda find yourself wanting to pick fault with it. And yes, I initially thought that ODIS seemed a bit slow to start-up. But I've gotta be honest, I can't imagine having to go back to ElsaWin, and I definitely don't want to lose these fantastic new features of ODIS.

Best of all - the ODIS training has started now so I'll have lots more mates getting involved too!

1 comment: